Saltstick Fastchews Electrolyte Tablets features:
- FASTCHEWS Help Reduce Muscle Cramping, Reduce Heat Stress, Boost Stamina, Maintain Electrolyte Levels.
- The ONLY chewable tablet that is formulated to closely resemble the electrolyte profile lost in sweat.
- Suggested use: 2 tablets per 15-30 minutes during activity
- Fast absorption through buccal mucosa (tissue in mouth).
- Each serving (2 tablets) contains: 100 mg sodium, 30 mg potassium, 10 mg calcium, 6 mg magnesium.
- Natural flavours encourage consumption.
- Bio-available active ingredients. Made in USA under cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) and independently tested to be
- free of banned substances.
- Ingredients are: non-GMO, gluten-free, vegetarian, fat-free.
- Natural stevia as sweetener. No colour added.
- See more Nutrition products here – Nutrition
Saltstick Fastchews Electrolyte Tablets – How to Use Saltstick
- Why endurance athletes need electrolytes
When we sweat, we lose electrolytes. If we do not take steps to replace these electrolytes during exercise, our performance will eventually decline.
- How SaltStick can help support your endurance performance
SaltStick products are designed to help to reduce muscle cramping and heat stress, boost stamina, and maintain electrolyte levels by replacing five electrolytes lost through sweat: sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and chloride. The average person’s sweat contains about 1,000 mg sodium/liter, but a typical sports drink contains 440 mg sodium/liter. If, during the course of activity, you consume nothing but sports drinks (or worse, water), you could become hyponatremic at some point. Hyponatremia is a medical condition marked by low blood sodium levels, which can lead to nausea, fatigue, cramping, vomiting, weakness, sleepiness, and in rare severe cases, loss of consciousness. Many sports drinks also do not include other key electrolytes, which could lead to further cramping and muscle issues. SaltStick helps athletes maintain peak performance by replacing a full spectrum of electrolytes lost through sweat, in a form and quantity the body can absorb. An independent 2015 study demonstrated that triathletes who relied on SaltStick performed significantly better in a medium-distance triathlon than those who did not.
- How to implement SaltStick into your endurance training
Each person’s nutritional needs are unique, and it’s best to develop a plan that offers the right balance for you. As a general guideline, athletes may benefit from taking:
1x SaltStick capsule, OR
2-4x SaltStick Fastchews, OR
1x 5mL serving of SaltStick Elixaltyte
every 30-60 minutes during endurance activities OR:
1x serving of SaltStick DrinkMix combined with 16-20 oz. (~475-600 mL) of water
every 60-90 minutes during endurance activities.
In hot conditions, extreme humidity, or for larger athletes, a greater quantity may be needed to maintain optimal electrolyte levels.
Saltstick Fastchews Electrolyte Tablets – About the Brand Saltstick
More than 15 years ago, Jonathan Toker, Ph.D., an elite triathlete and ultrarunner, created SaltStick products to better meet the electrolyte needs of athletes during training and competition. Since then, SaltStick has supported countless people across the world, from weekend warriors to international champions.
Jonathan Toker is an elite-level trail runner and triathlete from Canada who is based in Southern California. After earning a Ph.D. in organic chemistry from The Scripps Research Institute in 2001, he worked at Cardinal Health and Amgen, before leaving to focus on SaltStick full-time in 2007. During this adventure, Dr. Toker raced for five years in the professional ranks as a triathlete and runner, and he continues to train and compete today.
Clean and Simple Ingredients
When it comes to quality, we sweat the details so you don’t have to. Our products are made in the USA at an FDA-inspected cGMP facility to contain only what you need, and nothing else. That means no herbal, trace, or questionable components. Ever.
Safety and Transparency
As a sponsor of many elite-level athletes around the globe, we take the safety of our products seriously. SaltStick is made in the USA at an FDA-inspected cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) facility and regularly tested for banned substances through a third-party organization.